About Me

My photo
Davie, FL, United States
Fun loving, laid back easy going girl, who just likes to work hard and play harder!!!! CUZ a girl has to LOVE LIFE!!!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Biggest Loser 5K



 Last year I managed to complete 20 races along with my first half marathon, so for New Years I set a new goal.

2013 New Year’s Resolution – Complete 24 Races

In setting this goal, I decided that I would also invite my friends to participate in races I want to do with me, but if I wanted to complete 24 races, I would have to sign up and do it…regardless of if my friends wanted to do it with me or not.

I didn’t think I would encounter this problem so soon.

I signed up for my first 5K of 2013 – The Biggest Loser 5K. – January 6.  Just to start the year off right.

Although I have a lot of friends that run, ironically I ended up doing the race alone.  Glad I made that promise to myself.
 
The race was set down in Las Olas at Huizenga Park. The course was the normal run that most events have when starting at Huizenga Park. Being backed by “The Biggest Loser” the race was well organized and a number of people (of all shapes and sizes) showed up to participate and start the year off with a healthy mind set.

Overall, I didn’t do as well as I had hoped. I did come in second place in my age group (Female 25 – 29)! But my time was not where it should have been. I completed the race in 25:08.

I shoulda pushed myself more, I am a little/lot disappointed in myself but I was proud to have gotten out there and done it!

I did also meet this awesome girl, Amy, totally fun from Georgia…so I guess doing races alone at least give me a chance to meet new people who are also into running, fitness and healthy!  She was great and hung out with me and even took a picture for me when I went to receive my award…ribbon.  

Amy and I exchanged numbers so hopefully we stay in contact.

My next race is in just 6 days! I am doing the Superhero Scramble NIGHT WAVE. It should be a lot of fun a group of us are going. I have never done a night trail run before so it so it is a new challenge to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment