About Me

My photo
Davie, FL, United States
Fun loving, laid back easy going girl, who just likes to work hard and play harder!!!! CUZ a girl has to LOVE LIFE!!!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Scrubbing Bubbles v/s Cockroach

Before you go out of town for the holidays, one thing I always do is clean my house.

Tuesday night I come home and after a nice 2 hour workout I decide to clean my house before heading out of town for the holidays. I open up all the doors and start the cleaning.

I did the laundry, dishes, cleaned the kitchen, dusted the living room, swept the floor and mopped...finally I was done, the downstairs looked good.

I poured a glass of wine and went upstairs, thinking to myself that I was going to fold and put away my cloths  and quickly clean the bathroom before jumping into the shower.

Cloths away I head to the bathroom for the finally! Sitting down to go to the bathroom, I look around...monitoring what needs to be done. Suddenly my eyes land on what I assume is a cockroach. (OK, it may not have been a cockroach, but I freaking HATE bugs and any 6 legged creatures that isn't an ant or have wings is a cockroach.)

I understand bugs in houses, but how the hell did this thing get into my bathroom!!

I sit motionless on the pot... afraid to move not wanting to draw unwanted attention to myself. I scan the bathroom for something to kill the creature with when my eyes fall on the can of Scrubbing Bubbles that I had pulled out to clean the bathroom.

Taking careful aim, I empty about 1/4 of the can onto the freaking thing...die MF die...and, still sitting on the pot, wait for the bubbles to die down with a huge wad of TP in my hand.

As the bubbles pop I can finally see the bug twitching under the suds and I toss the wad down on top of it and proceed to smash the roach to death with the Scrubbing Bubbles can (so gratefully for Scrubbing Bubbles!)

Now that I had successfully defeated the roach, I turn my focus back to cleaning. I clean the tub, sink, counter, toilet and floor. I debate cleaning the shower, but I had done it the other day and I spray it down after every use with diluted bleach...so I figure - na, I'm good.

Feeling dirty and ready to crawl into bed and finally finish my glass of wine...which I am sure has warmed up since I came upstairs, I quickly strip and climb into the shower.

As I begin to wash my face I look around and see a baby cockroach crawling up the shower door (ok, again maybe not a roach...it was a 6 legged tiny black thing with a red strip on its back, but as I said...all 6 legged things that aren't ants and don't have wings are roaches)

I throw the shower door open and grab the Scrubbing Bubbles can again and go to town on the baby roach. Which I am sure is pissed the hell off at me for killing his daddy 10 min ago.

With the baby now killed I lean down to put the can on the floor...might as well clean the shower since it is in here now...and I look to the left corner. There are like 7 more of these little bastards plotting my death for murdering their kin! Where the F' did all these baby's come from, how did they get into my shower and What the hell is going on here!

Freaked out and unable to contain my in-dept fear of bugs I finally spaz. I stumble (not so gracefully) out of the shower and end up on my butt looking into my shower. The freaking things doesn't just have 7 bugs in there it has like freaking 70 (that may be a little bit of a dramatized number, but I was traumatized at the time)! And I was in there NAKED! EEEK!

I go insane, I spray the army of baby roaches with Scrubbing Bubbles and Diluted Bleach. I spend a good 10 mins killing and cleaning my shower and fighting to get my heart rate under 200 I succeed.

I go downstairs, dig out the Big Ass bottle of commercial bug killer and go back upstairs.

I spray the crap out of my shower...thinking, ummm this can not be good for me. I then spray the rest of the damn house. Freaking bugs!

Finally done, I change and get into bed....I turn on the TV, pick a show to watch and sit back. I lean over to pick up my glass of wine and there is a freaking MOTH in it, having some kind of seizure!

Really. Can't I just get a break!!!

Or maybe I just need to really invest in some screens for my doors ASAP! HAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment