About Me

My photo
Davie, FL, United States
Fun loving, laid back easy going girl, who just likes to work hard and play harder!!!! CUZ a girl has to LOVE LIFE!!!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Who's That Lurking in the Bushes?



I have a lot of interesting experiences when I go out for my evening runs. I see some of the craziest things and try (when I can) to get pictures of some of them…but sometimes you just can’t take a picture.
Last night was one of those times…

I took my pup out after work and we went for a short run. Now that it is getting dark earlier, although I set out with the sun up but the last few miles are in the dark. 

I was on the last bit of my run and up ahead of me stopped on the side of the road was a black van with the engine running, lights off and side door open.

I have a sudden realization that its dark out & I think DAMN “I gadda start carrying my mace again!” I have a sudden flash in my head of some big beefy guy leaping out of the bushes, putting a cloth socked in chloroform over my mouth, pushing me into the running car, hurting my dog, kidnapping me & selling me into slavery! I may have been over thinking things….

As I got closer, I saw some movement in the bushes out of the corner if my eye! Fight or Flight suddenly rushes through my body and I am tense, ready to flee. Only to see a 12 year old boy in a blue shirt comes lumbering out of the bushes!

I yelp anxiously while the adrenalin rushes through my body and it registers in my mind that it is just a child. I continue running past grateful people cannot read my mind and slightly embarrassed that I let out a yelp that I am pretty sure they heard.


What was a 12 year old boy doing in the bushes on the side of Hiatus at 7:30 at night you ask…well since he was adjusting his pants when he came out of the bushes, I am going to guess he was back there peeing. Not quite sure the kid couldn’t wait 2 min until they got to the McDonalds, Walgreens, Mobile or Winn Dixie that are all just a mile up the road before he had to relive himself. I guess lurking in the bushes and scaring the crap out of unsuspecting woman as they jog by is more fun. 

Damn Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment